Ohio Volunteer Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hand of Doom

2 posters

Go down

Hand of Doom Empty Hand of Doom

Post  Spectre May 13th 2012, 9:37 am

Have you ever had one of those days when someone shows up at your house asking for a mini-gun....and oddly enough you had one? I get some strange requests at the Studio and that happened on Thursday....on Friday after I got home from my "other" job (not until 10pm, long story) my Son had another. He had a Hellboy trenchcoat, a costume party to attend and no "Hand of Doom". The party was at 6pm on Saturday...sheesh. So on Saturday morning (about 10:30) I went out to the Studio, grabbed a big pile of foam rubber and set to work. It took about two hours to build and another two hours for paint. Now this is no "hero" prop, its more of a stunt hand (he cant move his fingers) but He was very pleased with it. He took second in the costume contest, but from what I was told He won in the minds of most attending. The thing I got a kick out of was one of Joes buddies didnt even know it was him!!

Hand of Doom Hellbo10

Hand of Doom Hellbo11

I used a cut-down "Hulk" hand as a pattern, I wish I would have had more time to work on this for Him....but Joe was very pleased (I think) and now that I have made patterns for it the next one will be even better! Plus I had to hand paint the dumb thing as my airbrush is down right now (compressor needs a new reg.). The next cosplay He is going to is several months away so....I will build him a torso (pecks of power style) so He can go "shirtless".
.........Until next time.........
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Hand of Doom Empty Re: Hand of Doom

Post  Josh.0 May 13th 2012, 10:29 am

That's awesome guys, great job. You would have had my vote Joe!
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

http://www.ovgminigaming.webs.com

Back to top Go down