Ohio Volunteer Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WIP's of Miniatures

Go down

WIP's of Miniatures Empty WIP's of Miniatures

Post  Spectre May 12th 2011, 2:27 am

Here are a few "teaser" shots of my dropship. In the first set of photos you will see what is part of the main drive assembly, looking left to right you will see I have in fact built the "drive" inside of a spray paint cap.
WIP's of Miniatures Engine10
The "internals" of the engine are made from a variety of "greeblies", including old model bits, floral wire, brass tubing,etc.. I know its hard to tell from this photo but there are over forty parts in there which I painted in many shades of "metals",blacks, and rust/weathering.

The next few pics show the "nacelle"(thats 'Trek-speak for engine cover). The nacelle was made from a Country Time Lemonade container lid. The "Blast Plates" are just trimmed plastic recovered from a lunchmeat contianer(and yes I washed the plastic so you wont get mad cow disease from touching it). The other bits and bobbles are just random trimmed plastic and small tubing. The nacelle is ALMOST finished, except for paint and weathering effects.
WIP's of Miniatures Engine11
In the last photo(on the right) you will see the nacelle slipped over the engine assembly, this should give you a better idea of the finished look of the bottom of the Dropship. Hope you like it! and Happy Modeling.
-Spectre
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

WIP's of Miniatures Empty Super-Detailing Wip

Post  Spectre February 18th 2012, 9:54 am

I am working on an article for our upcoming Fanzine on super-detailing and thought I would share a couple of teaser pics. This is another idea I have had kicking around for awhile, but waited MANY years to attempt (didnt have the skills back then). I have always wanted to do a "cockpit" in a Mech mini, and now I am. I dont want to give away too much detail, except to say this is the smallest part I ever vac-u-formed!! The cockpit will have a pilot sitting inside, I have yet to decide if I will sculpt him or if I will use an infantry mini. I have outlined the cockpit glass (hastily) with a sharpie to make it easier to see being a clear part and all. Look for full details and pics of how I did it in the "Crusader" (coming soon). Also, I am not sure but was told that this may be the "first" mod of this type ever! (I was also called insane)
Very Happy

WIP's of Miniatures Bmaste10

WIP's of Miniatures Cp_sca10
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down