Ohio Volunteer Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook Page Up

3 posters

Go down

Do you think a Facebook page is ideal for the club?

Facebook Page Up Newpol100%Facebook Page Up Newpol11 0% 
[ 0 ]
Facebook Page Up Newpol10100%Facebook Page Up Newpol11 100% 
[ 2 ]
Facebook Page Up Newpol100%Facebook Page Up Newpol11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Facebook Page Up Empty Facebook Page Up

Post  Josh.0 January 29th 2012, 9:53 pm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ohio-Volunteer-Group/322514571126154?sk=wall

So here is the start of our Facebook profile. Please join Facebook and check this out/join so I can get admins up and editing permissions and the like. Please help me out on this one :P Thanks Guys

p.s. the website(forum) link turnaround is under the info tab..will have ours here under links.

Last edited by Josh.0 on February 17th 2012, 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

http://www.ovgminigaming.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Facebook Page Up Empty questions

Post  Spectre January 31st 2012, 12:07 pm

Ok, I have signed up so now what? I was just wondering if maybe you could post a short blurb about the reasons behind us (the OVG) having a facebook, and what we as a group hope to accomplish with it. Also what can our Members do with an "OVG" Facebook page? How can/will the Facebook page and The Forums interact? I know some of the answers to this, but I think it would be nice if you could do a quick write up to really inform us all...plus I DONT know some of these answers. I know this was suggested by "BPD" and everyone thinks it is a good idea, but since you are doing "the work" I am hoping to see if you could give us a little more info? Thanks, and thanks for all the hard work towards club improvements! Cool
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Facebook Page Up Empty Re: Facebook Page Up

Post  Josh.0 January 31st 2012, 6:20 pm

This was a request for us to have a Facebook Page and I happily obliged. I guess there are a few reasons why, and these are probably going to be my opinion more so than fact, but there IS a much larger audience with Facebook than any other social network, in fact BattleTech has there own page where RNB posts daily about the company and products. I imagine that a majority of our members have Facebook accounts and spend time there often. If someone on Facebook searches "BattleTech" our page may come up on the list and therefore bring some acknowledgement and/or traffic to our page/forums. I guess you could imagine our page to be a "twitter" type, as in if we just want some quick news to be put out it could be placed there and would show at the top of the page alerting the members of the news. As far as them working together they in fact have links to each other, clicking the Facebook button at the top of the page will open a new tab(keeping the forums up instead of navigating away) directly to our wall complete with news. This is a first for me as well and am still working on this. I'm not even sure if we can have members on this particular type of page as it is a Community Page. I do however know that our Page has "liked" the BattleTech Facebook page and if our members haven't ever seen theirs feel free to check it out. I hope this helps as I am no Facebook professional and have pondered on a few of your questions as well.
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ido February 1st 2012, 7:28 pm

Just some (hopefully constructive) feedback on how likely it is for users to find the facebook page by searching "Battletech".

I don't think they will. Before I clicked on the link to the page here, I just took the time do the search to look at every single return and didn't come across it. I did find https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106075343626 about 2/3rd of the way through the list (More than you would think)

I then tried "Battletech Ohio" and that was the only return.

Just tried "table top gaming ohio" and "miniature gaming group ohio", it still didn't return.

Sadly, i'm not sure how to make it more likely to get it to show up, might spend some time on google trying to figure that out.

On the plus side, the page does look great!

Edit 2/1/12

Didn't take long to find a couple pages with suggestions, nice and short reads, too.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/make-facebook-group-come-up-search-30340.html
http://www.webanalyticsworld.net/2007/09/successful-facebook-groups.html

Last edited by Ido on February 1st 2012, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found some pages)
Ido
Ido
Staff Sgt.
Staff Sgt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh.0 February 1st 2012, 7:55 pm

Thanks Ido, to be perfectly honest I wasn't exactly sure how it was to be used yet nor did I try searching for our page (wow, didn't even cross my mind lol). I think in time we'll get the kinks worked out and it'll become (hopefully) useful for us. Thanks for the help and compliment. I will check the links you provided. Thanks again, Josh.0
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre February 3rd 2012, 12:02 am

HEY its.....IDO!! Cool Glad to see you back in "action"!! I think ANY help with the Facebook project would be greatly appreciated!! Right now Josh.0 and I have been taking on all of the clubs long term projects....and its a load o' work!! So if you have any clues/ideas/rants/suggestions JUMP IN!! I'm not sure but maybe we could make Ido an admin?? (for Facebook) If he would want to. I will bring it up on our next game session, and PM Ido and Josh.0 ...I dont know crap about facebook so if youre interested or think you could help it would be awesome!! Josh.0 is pretty much on his own and any help would be fantastic. (from any member). Peace out fella's and keep me posted!! Very Happy
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  Ido February 3rd 2012, 6:59 am

I wouldn't mind helping at all. Over the net is really the only way for me TO help in most cases anyway.

Just be forwarned, I've never done a page or group or anything of that sort before. Always love a good challenge on the computer!
Ido
Ido
Staff Sgt.
Staff Sgt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down