Ohio Volunteer Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3/25/12 Session

3 posters

Go down

3/25/12 Session Empty 3/25/12 Session

Post  Josh.0 March 25th 2012, 9:28 pm

OVG Meeting Minutes

Present:
Greg
Josh
Joe
Damian
Rayden
Cindy

Old

• Still need input from our members on the forums.

• Everyone is doing good by being on on a regular basis, asking now at the very least to +rep content.

New

• Facebook icon on links page needs corrected, it is the same logo as our website.

• Random searches for OVG now bring us up on the 1st search page.

• Asked Damain if he would like to take over Moderation of our website, he agree'd. Will be made Mod asap.

• Crusader mini-mag will be out soon, pushed back due to more outside complications. Still taking submissions until April 15th.

• Joe came up with a Solaris 7 Battle for Gladiator style mech fighting. There will be a Battle Royal soon consisting of 4 rounds. Mechs must fight all 4 rounds with a all out battle at the end, accumilated points at end highest points wins.
    A 2 dollar registration fee required to enter, 50/50 to the winner and club. Prizes to come for later battles!

Meeting adjourned by Spectre
Next meeting scheduled for April 15th due to holidays with a conclusion game set for April 1st.

session report to follow.
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

http://www.ovgminigaming.webs.com

Back to top Go down

3/25/12 Session Empty Session Report

Post  Josh.0 March 25th 2012, 9:54 pm

After Meeting Minutes we continued our last 4v4, after a short power outage that seemed to be most of Toledo Edison. I thought this was going to be fairly easy to take them out but as I have bare witness to the dice gods, they can be cruel. I managed to take a power house and turn him to an 80 ton tree huggin' flower power hippie! I failed my rolls 85% of the time! And to boot, the oposers had a Dervish without a left arm and NO right side what-so-ever that just wouldnt die! So this seemingly quick game is proving to be more arduous than anticipated. However, The Hand will Prevail! Muahahahahaha.....
3/25/12 Session Dscf2613
3/25/12 Session Dscf2614
3/25/12 Session Dscf26153/25/12 Session Dscf2616
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

3/25/12 Session Empty Re: 3/25/12 Session

Post  Spectre March 25th 2012, 10:31 pm

Holy Moses!! The dice gods were more than cruel! I think in 6-7 attacks poor Josh only hit twice!! ...and that Dervish just wont DIE!! The darn thing took 42 points of damage in a single "alpha" by Me, it was spread out all over and I didnt land NOT ONE CRIT! The game took a serious turn in the "Angels" favor, but in our current position(s) I still feel confident of victory. I think our Awesome is going down as a sacrifice though. Our Hunchback is in striking distance to seriously threaten the "Angels" base, and is quickly being backed up by our 'Cat and Dervish. With any luck our Dervish will be half as tough as theirs! UGH!! Talk about being beat up by your own dice!
Bang
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

3/25/12 Session Empty Additional Session Photos

Post  Spectre March 25th 2012, 11:11 pm

Here is a couple of pics I snapped during the game, I had a blast even though we were getting beat up by some horrific rolls! We had a great turn out, my Wife made burgers and dogs and the (in)FAMOUS Cindall turned out!! YES, there is proof that girls can be dorks too!! Now I realize Cin' looks like I just gave her a spoon of alum (she hates her picture being taken) but she is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet and I was very glad she came to hang with the guys. SEE, I told you!! I TOLD YOU!! CHICKS DO DIG GIANT ROBOTS!!!!! (FACT, period) Laughing
3/25/12 Session Pict00103/25/12 Session Pict0011

3/25/12 Session Pict0012
3/25/12 Session Pict0013

Ok, so whats up with those unpainted Mechs?....and plastic box set minis (sheesh!) Well have you seen my workbench lately???? ..neither have I!! Very Happy its buried in minis!! Until next time....

ps- the look on J's face says it all, I swear I have never seen such a string of bad rolls! I felt his pain!! Those souless dice were sucking the wind out of everything we tried. Hopefully the "ABS" gets some of that action next time! :twisted: Mu Ha HA!! (continue with evil laughter as needed).......
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

3/25/12 Session Empty Wow

Post  KingCrab March 28th 2012, 7:14 pm

Well Josh's Awsome i guess isn't so awsome anymore is it??????? You can thank Josh's Super dice of failing with a +100 to failing!!!!!!!! So i hope Josh actually might get some dice rolls to work!!!!! with the best of luck you might win. HiYa! HiYa! HiYa! HiYa! HiYa! HiYa! HiYa! HiYa! HiYa! HiYa! HiYa! HiYa! HiYa!
KingCrab
KingCrab
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh.0 March 28th 2012, 9:47 pm

Holy cow, I couldn't look away from the river dancing, light sabre wielding Smilies. I was mesmerized by the synchronized action! Oh and I think +100 to fail is an understatement. Thanks for shooting me some confidence boosters Bud, I am going to need all the luck I can get.
GRR! CURSE YOU, EVIL DICE!
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down