Ohio Volunteer Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom LightBox on the Cheap

2 posters

Go down

Custom LightBox on the Cheap Empty Custom LightBox on the Cheap

Post  Josh.0 May 14th 2011, 6:30 pm

A Light Box provides light diffusion and a uniform background to take great close-up Photo's.
I have been meaning to make my own light boxes for quite some time now but since I haven't, the least I can do is pass on some of the ways of making an affordable Light Box.

Let's start with the least expensive(mainly because almost everyone has these materials).

Material List:
Cardboard Box- size depending on what you are shooting, in this case a mini so it doesn't need to be a huge box.
Sheets of White Tissue paper
1 White Matte Poster Board
1 Black Matte Poster Board
Tape Measure
Box Cutter
Pencil
Tape

Construction

• Secure the bottom of the box with extra tape if needed, the inside bottom also if needed.

• Lay the box on its side, with the opening facing you.

• Mark lines about 1 inch inside each edge of the box on the two sides and on the top.

• Use the Box Cutter and cut and remove the three sections so the box will now have 3 open "panels" on the Top and the two sides.

• Cut and remove the Front flaps, from the open side facing you.

• Cut a piece of tissue paper large enough to fit over each of the openings you cut. Then tape it to the outside of the box using the tape. After some test shots you may need to apply a second layer of the Tissue paper.

• Remove any stray bits of cardboard from the front of the box if needed.

• Cut a piece of the white poster board to fit the inside the box. The piece should be the width of the box, but the length being twice as long.

• Insert the poster board into the box, curving it up towards the top of the box. Attach it to the top and leave the bottom curved and out of the box creating an edgeless background.

• The Black poster board can be cut to the size of the Tissue Paper to "Block out" light if needed.

• Now just add Lighting to the outsides of the papered edges and top, these can be any lights you have. For these styles I've read that two desk lamps on the outsides and shop light above works perfectly.

I apologize for not having any photo's to go along with this but like I said I still have yet to make mine but rest assured as soon as I do I will edit this post. I will also post about a few of the other designs I have found that I took interest in. Till then, Josh.0
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

http://www.ovgminigaming.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Custom LightBox on the Cheap Empty Re: Custom LightBox on the Cheap

Post  Spectre May 14th 2011, 6:58 pm

Heck, even I could do this...I think I have all that stuff laying around here somewhere...mmmm.....
good tip Cool
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down