Ohio Volunteer Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members Levels

Go down

Members Levels Empty Members Levels

Post  Spectre May 23rd 2011, 4:38 pm

To those of you new to the OVG (and the club forum) here is a brief description of how our "Command Structure" (Member Levels) is organized.

OVG "Officers"

To become a club Officer a Member must be well established with our actual "gaming group". An Officer is expected to be familiar with all general aspects of the club and its rules and functions. Officers are primarily club Members that can dedicate themselves in more of a "full-time" manner, and are expected to attend all club meetings (exceptions of course for illness, work, deaths, etc.). Officers are also encouraged to help organize and run events. All club Officer "positions" (i.e. President, Clerk, Treasurer, etc.) will be voted on every year at the end of our normal "season". If for any reason a club Officer can not fill his/her obligation(s) to the club they may voluntarily "step down". Any club Officer not following the rules and policies of the club may/may not be relieved of his/her position. Club Officers are representitives of the OVG and should conduct themselves at all times properly.

OVG "Member(s)"

An OVG Member is a player who is willing or able to attend MOST functions of the club, such as game sessions, contests, conventions, etc. Members are not required to perform any specific tasks outside of "normal" game play. "Members" consist of players who can not perform "Officer Duty" due to time, familiy, work, or other obligations at this current juncture. Any Member at any time who wishes to become a club Officer (or has the time/resources) should let it be known to the other Members during the "next" scheduled game session. This Member will then be recorded in the minutes and will be considered a canidate for the next voting cycle for whatever position they are applying for. Until the next voting cycle the "current" Officer of that position should aid the Member with any questions about the position him/her wishes to know.

OVG "Honorary Member"

An Honorary Member is any person/persons who regularly or consistantly aids the club through donations of time, resources, talents, etc. Honorary Members may attend any club function(s), but usually due to time, distance, etc do not attend (and are not required too). Honorary Members are required to be familiar with are Code of Conduct (the OVG Handbook) and are expected when attending to act accordingly. Honorary Members can be "voted in" at any time during the current year by OVG Members and OVG Officers. An Honorary Member may at any time become a "Member" if/when their situation changes (i.e. Honorary Member "Bill" used to live 3 hours away but has recently moved within 30 minutes of the "Club"). Any "Member" may at any time "elect" a person/persons to be considered for "Honorary" status (this is usually done at the start of a meeting), at this time the attending Members and Officers will cast a vote.

Final Comment

This is by no means the complete guidlines for "Member Levels" but is essentially the basics of what I am putting in the "OVG Handbook" (this should be done next month). As soon as the Handbook is done it will be available to all Members and Levels at the begining of the new season. I will also post a printable link as soon as time permits. I am working hard to organize our club and make it a fun place to be, but due to all the needs of starting a more "formal" club I am a little behind on my work load. I assure every Member (and prospective members) that I am doing my level best to answer all your questions and my e-mail, I just ask for a little patience and time. Thanks and Happy Gaming! Very Happy
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down