Ohio Volunteer Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members Intro

+4
mrrayslayer
majorwrecks
Josh.0
Spectre
8 posters

Go down

New Members Intro Empty New Members Intro

Post  Spectre May 5th 2011, 4:09 pm

If your new to our boards please feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself, the games you've played, other hobbies you might have, etc.. HAPPY GAMING!! Very Happy
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

New Members Intro Empty Josh.0

Post  Josh.0 May 9th 2011, 12:50 pm

Hello all, I thought I would tell a little about myself. So here goes..
My name is Josh and hail from Northwest Ohio, I've been a gamer for the better part of my life with some pretty large gaps of not gaming due to "life" and the fact that I lost contact with alot of my gaming friends but hopefully now that is all about to change! One of my fondest memories is my attending GenCon in 1994(if my memory is'nt failing), the last year that TSR really hosted. I met some extrodinary people, played some awesome games and just had a great time. My favorite games are (and always will be) Spellfire, Magic, and D&D(2nd ed. or prior). Now there are TONS of others I could list here but I wont. Miniature gaming has always appealed to me and I have had some experiences with them. I have known about BattleTech for some time but have never had the pleasure of actualy playing so I am ALOT stoked about being a member of OVG and looking forward to more great times. Thanks for reading my rants and of course..Happy Gaming, Josh.0
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

http://www.ovgminigaming.webs.com

Back to top Go down

New Members Intro Empty Re: New Members Intro

Post  majorwrecks May 10th 2011, 9:04 am

Hello O-V-G and thanks for the invite. I Hail from 41.269N. The longitude is -83.425W. I have enjoyed gaming on and off as long as I can remember....... Uh what was I saying ? just kidding sparky really though I have trained under the Command of Spectre in VT recon and assault very good instruction Being the Steel Battalion Master that he is I expressed interest in the Mini Gaming and he has again agreed to take me under his wing I am looking forward to do battle
And above all else to have fun
See you on the battle Field
Majorwrecks
majorwrecks
majorwrecks
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  mrrayslayer May 20th 2011, 6:38 pm

hi im joey's friend,rayden. i used to play with him with different games last year and i would like to play some more. i am 14 years old and i lOVE video games. i have played with them before and i actually like it. i am in band, and i like sports. but most of all i like video games.

mrrayslayer
Private

Back to top Go down

New Members Intro Empty Honor

Post  Josh.0 May 20th 2011, 7:15 pm

I'm Honored to meet you Mrrayslayer and Majorwrecks. Looking forward to crossing paths on the battlefield!
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindall May 22nd 2011, 1:11 pm

Hi my name is Cindy, Josh.0's wife. I enjoy gaming(Played Spellfire some and Magic for years..dabbled in a 'lil D&d for awhile) and was recently introduced to Battletech and i'm hooked! Thanks for the membership to the OVG forums and look forward to running across all of you on the battlefield.

Last edited by Cindall on June 6th 2011, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Cindall
Cindall
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Ido May 24th 2011, 9:04 pm

I suppose I should put a blurb here:

Ido is a tag left over from an MMORPG emulator called Shards of Dalaya. Got kind of burned out on that and haven't played in half a year.

I'm 29, married to my high school sweet-heart w/ 2 kids, 3 & 5. I served 4.5 years in the army as a chaplains' assistant and spent a year in Iraq during 2004 with 3/2 Infantry Brigade, the first unit to deploy the new(ish) stryker combat vehicle to an active theater of operations. I've spent the last 5 years working as a professional buyer for Cargill, a major manufacturer of food goods. (basically, Cargill has touched about 80% of all food you eat)

I love to learn and I love to help. I'm a good distance away from the club house so that kind of makes it difficult to help where I'd prefer, but I have no problem crawling the web to find anything helpfull.

Also, the local hobby center here actually did carry a small stock of miniatures back in the day, so if you're looking for something but don't want to pay shipping on internet orders, let me know and i'll keep an eye out. chances are, I might be able to get him to order some in if he knew that he'd be making the sale for sure.

Can't wait to meet everyone!
Ido
Ido
Staff Sgt.
Staff Sgt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh.0 May 25th 2011, 10:14 am

Welcome aboard Cindall. Honored to meet you Ido, I am amazed at how much you have accomplished in life and only 29. Now as far as Cargill touching 80% of my food....I will be washing my food stuffs even more thoroughly!..as it has painted an ugly Fast Food industry picture in my head. pale
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Soldier of steel May 25th 2011, 7:10 pm

hey this is Damian i play alot of games shooters and stuff and some rpgs i like battle tech i cant wait till everything is up and running and i can blow some things up easy to get along with and stuff need any parts for random things i could try to find you some, i come across alot of weird things easily for some reason, anyways yeah hey everyone Ive been on this site since the beginning just wanted to get a signature and stuff first josh.0 made mine its amazing lol. he does great work
Soldier of steel
Soldier of steel
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh.0 May 25th 2011, 7:35 pm

Hey Damian! I know, I cant wait either man..Totally Stoaked Bang Thanks for the compliment too, I'm glad you liked it.
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Minilano January 16th 2012, 11:33 pm

Dear Minitech,

My name is Alex. I enjoy listening to a wide variety of music and I'm always looking for new suggestions. I'm a scripting genius among the following languages: PHP, xHTML (not as famous anymore), HTML5, Perl, Python, Visual Basic, C++, C, C#, VB.NET, SQL, Z++, Alma-0, JQuery, BATCH, VBScript, Java, & JavaScript.

Along with my knowledge on programming/scripting languages, I'm also famous for my expertise in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Flash Professional, and Illustrator. Along with those programs - I also have a field of expertise with the Komplete 8 and Ableton Live software.

Now, as nerdy as I may seem. Once you get passed my rough exterior you'll come to realize I am a very kind and thoughtful person who is more than happy to help anyone out that may need it.

Also, there is nothing therapeutic about me getting all sentimental here. Anyways, I'm glad to be here and will serve as a support guru for those who need one. Smile
Minilano
Minilano
Private 2nd Class
Private 2nd Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh.0 January 17th 2012, 7:52 am

Wow! Welcome Alex, Glad to have you on board. I'm quite sure we may put all that knowledge to good use.
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down