Ohio Volunteer Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

01/15/12 Session

2 posters

Go down

01/15/12 Session Empty 01/15/12 Session

Post  Josh.0 January 16th 2012, 1:04 am

Minutes from Meeting:

- 4 chairs and two tables donated by Rita's Restuarant of Edgerton Ohio
- R. Pigmon home on collage break re-joins group to game "on vaction"
- Honorary member Ray Roelfs joins as Full Member and will be attending our Battletech Mercs Group
- J. Metz takes on Project "DOOM"
- "Spectre" continues to improve game room (still need to finish wiring and ceiling tile)
- Joe is hosting "Descent" thru January

Session:

This session consisted of a round of Descent, GM'd by Joe, and a fun round of Munchkin.

Greetings, I would like to start off with a little information about the club and clubhouse in general. The work that's been put into the clubhouse, the time it's taken to have this for all of us, has been emense. The "dungeon" is an awesome place for us to meet, hang out and play. The donations from members and community have really shown through. Rita's donated Tables and Chairs, we all pitched in with painting and Spectre has done some tremendous work in getting the boards and mini's in line. Overall it is an awesome place for us to meet, hang out and get some game time in. My first Game Session with OVG at the Clubhouse was an awesome experience, I had a lot of fun with the gang Sunday. Meeting and hanging-out with like-minded people was good for me, it has been some time since i've been able to get some actual gaming time in. As for the games, Joe put us through some rough battles in Descent. The game is a 2-D Table-Top Miniatures Dungeon Crawl and can be quickly learned. After Descent we played a round of Munchkin, this can be quickly learned as well but can also make you want to stab yourself with a butter knife as the cards can be wicked! This is a Board Game with cards and player pawns. Each player starting at level one and trying to reach ten to win, sounds easy. With players making you discard all your items or making you lose a level, it can get pretty viscious. I had tons of fun with the gang playing these games and am looking forward to playing them and others again soon. There's lots of work yet to be done with many mini's to be painted, terrain and 3-D dungeons to be built but with the Club Members that we have there isn't going to be any problems there. Great Job guys, I appreciate everyone's hard work and time that you all have put into the club, It really shines through. Until then gang, Josh.0

01/15/12 Session Descen10

Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

http://www.ovgminigaming.webs.com

Back to top Go down

01/15/12 Session Empty HOLY SMOKE!

Post  Spectre January 26th 2012, 1:39 pm

To add just a touch to Josh.0's excellent report...WOW, what a session!! This was J's first actual sit-down with us in the "dungeon" and boy did he make the most of it! I usually call an end to the gameplay around 5:30 - 6:00, but everyone was having a blast and Raymond (the "Gland") was home on break from school. We didnt quit till after TEN!!and some of us were being "real-munchkins" *cough,cough (JOSH!). In the end it was a great time, and somehow I managed to stay out of the camera (its that whole "man of mystery" thing)!! Just a quick note, I still have work to finish on the game room, and the photos "J" posted dont show the other tables and game areas...but I am working hard on getting things into shape! We do have room for up to three games at a time, and there is a small room in front of the dungeon for a fourth. I still have to re-surface the war-table, but we have two 3x6' tables for now. Rita's also donated two very nice 3x3' hardtop tables (for one on ones, or smaller battles). We had five gamers in attendance (Ray got called in to work Sad ) and even though we usually have 6-7 I know a good time was had by all!! Until next time!

ps- special thanks to Josh.0 for "volunteering" as the club newsletter guy!! ...does this mean we can call you "scoop"?!
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

01/15/12 Session Empty Re: 01/15/12 Session

Post  Josh.0 January 27th 2012, 7:42 am

EXTRA! EXTRA!....READ ALL ABOUT IT!
The Scoop

01/15/12 Session Meets_11

01/15/12 Session Meets_14

01/15/12 Session Meets_12

01/15/12 Session Meets_13
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

http://www.ovgminigaming.webs.com

Back to top Go down

01/15/12 Session Empty ugh.....

Post  Spectre January 27th 2012, 5:09 pm

WoW! That battletech table would look great if someone (cough) would finish flocking it!! I know the ceiling looks HORRIBLE!! I am going to tile it, I swear!! Also the ceiling looks MUCH lower than it really is (its 6'8")...its just you HAD too put a picture of that huge fat-guy (who happens to be 6'5") so the place looks a little low. Cool Rolling Eyes ..but seriously I am working on these things (time and money), I hope everyone can see the progress made so far and likes it. Also that Battletech set-up is the last of the terrain modules I made...right when I ran out of "grass" Sad , but will soon be finished! I really hope everyone is enjoying the set-up of the room and I have several improvements in mind. Until next time...see you at "the Dungeon"! Very Happy
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

01/15/12 Session Empty Re: 01/15/12 Session

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down