Ohio Volunteer Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4/15/12 Session

4 posters

Go down

4/15/12 Session Empty 4/15/12 Session

Post  Josh.0 April 15th 2012, 8:02 pm

OVG Meeting Minutes

Present:
Greg
Joe
Damian
Rayden
Cindy
Josh

Old

• Damian needs to register for website to be promoted to Admin.

New

• Origins is May 30th - June 3rd. Spectre will be attending for a day. Anyone wanting to ride with get with him at least one week prior. Please bring enough monies for the day pass, food, etc.

• Facebook is up and running along, there are two buttons on the forums (one at the top button bar and the other on the links page) to get there. Need more likes, tell a friend!

• Would like a group picture of all members, honorary included, for the Facebook page Header.

• D&D Campaign set for second game session of July.

• Character Roll Generation will be during the Mini Paint Day set on June 30th.

• Club Promotion with OVG Goodies, T-Shirts-Patches-Dice Sets. A Poll will be set up for a Club vote on which item the members would like to order first.

Meeting adjourned by Spectre

Next Meeting set for April 29th
Game Report to follow.
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

http://www.ovgminigaming.webs.com

Back to top Go down

4/15/12 Session Empty Game Report

Post  Josh.0 April 15th 2012, 8:49 pm

Greetings Gamers! Josh.0 here, reporting From the Front. Todays Battles consisted of Three 2v2's, pitting Cindy vs. Greg; Joe vs. Damian and Rayden vs. Myself. This was actually quite exciting for me as I have not had the opportunity to pilot a Cicada. I was all over the place with this fast Mech thinking I was tough until Rayden shot me once and practically took me out. With my whole left side gone I have spent the next few rounds just running around trying to avoid any and all contact! Now I didn't get to see what was happening on the other boards so I am going to turn the helm over to the other players to fill us in on their Battles.
In the meantime here are some fun photo's of today's action packed session.
4/15/12 Session Game_s10
4/15/12 Session Game_s11
4/15/12 Session Game_s12
4/15/12 Session GameSessions007
4/15/12 Session GameSessions008

Until then my fellow Warriors this has been Josh.0 reporting From the Front.
4/15/12 Session Fromthefront

Last edited by Josh.0 on April 16th 2012, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

4/15/12 Session Empty Cindall vs. Spectre

Post  Spectre April 16th 2012, 10:46 am

Well here is a brief rundown of the opening rounds of combat between Cindall and Myself.
TURN 1- I won initiative forcing the Warriors of Cin to manuever first, Her Hunchback plowed straight up the middle looking for a fight while her Hermes flanked up the left side of the battlefield. I had both of my Mechs on the right side of the field and spotted an oppurtunity for a CHARGE!!! My Enforcer strode in to meet the Hunch' head-on, while my Cicada charged at Cindalls' Hermes (who was standing on an edge hex). This was a great chance of taking out one of her Mechs on the first turn! The Cicada was out of reach of both her Mechs guns forcing her to fire on my Enforcer and leaving the Cicada to perform a textbook charge attack, and then....I rolled. The Cicada not only had perfect set-up, but also had a very low mod-to-hit (2), and I MISSED!!! Shocked Holy CRAP! I was forced to move the 'Bug to the left of her Hermes leaving my back exposed for the next turn. The Enforcer held up well against the combined fire of her Mechs. The Hermes missed with its AC5 and Med Laser, and her Hunchback missed with its most powerful weapons leaving the Enforcer realitivily unscathed. My Enforcer also managed a descent shot against the 'Hunchback chewing a bit of its armor off.

TURN 2- Cindall quickly recovered from her turn one mistake, gritted her teeth and made damn sure turn two would be different! She managed to squeeze my Enforcer into a "pincer" manuever while my Cicada ran for the woods! I quickly "jumped" out of there putting trees between my Mechs and hers taking away defilade from her as I went. Unfortunately I was now facing away with a forest between us meaning no-one was going to be able to fire! Not alot of action, but that pincer move scared me and Turn 2 gave us both a chance to cool down to zero.

TURN 3- The tide turns....the next three rounds I lost initiative (ugh). I managed to recover a bit of my bravery and brought the Cicada around the edge of the woods to threaten the Hunchs' backside. I decided to leave the Enforcer in the trees, but brought him to the edge to fire point blank into the Hunchbacks' side. My Enforcer Alpha'd the Huncback, and Cin' moved her Hermes around the back of my Cicada to defend her Hunchback. The Hunch' answered my Alpha with its own and both Mechs took serious damage. The Cicada plinked the back of the Hunch' for some minor damage and got lucky as the Hermes missed with its salvo. Niether the Enforcer or the Hunchback took any crits or failed their piloting checks!! During the physical attacks phase my Enforcer landed a well placed kick on the Hunchback handing out a bit of damage.

TURN 4- I left my Enforcer in position only turning one hexside to bring my full arsenal to bear on the Hunchback, Cin' did the same with the Hunch'....SLUGFEST ALERT! My Cicada swung around to face the Hermes who only turned to gain a better firing position. The Enforcer Alpha'd again..and the Hunchback pilot answered in turn. The Enforcer took heavy damage, but avoided any Crits' and passed his piloting check again! (phew) The Hunch' got walloped and FINALLY took a Crit', the pilot passed his check and didnt fall but now has lost his AC20 and a Med Laser...plus the Hunch took an engine hit! Meanwhile the Cicada fires at the Hermes leveling all its weapons in its own Alpha strike. The Cicada misses with everything but the small laser! The Hermes pilot chuckles and Alphas' back! He also misses with his AC5 but manages a hit with his Laser and FLAMER! The Flamer lands a Crit'!! Shocked The result is a loss of two leg mounted heat sinks in the Cicada.

-This is about where we are now. I am not sure who will win after that last turn, but both My Enforcer and Cindalls' Hunchback are in serious trouble and the Hermes and Cicada have minor damage. This game is just a "refresher" for Cin' (shes only played for a short time) but I thought that she played very well, and was pleased to see how quickly she recovered from mistakes. If you think girls cant hang than play Cin'....the woman has the luck of the Irish I SWEAR!! The dice love her!! She is very quiet during the game, as I watched her play I realized she was going through decisions that were several turns away. I believe that with a little practice and playing more familiar Mechs she would be one of the most dangerous opponents you could face. She performed some very interesting flanking manuevers and scared the crap out of me more than once. I know this sounds a bit cliche' but I think she's a "natural". At this point in our "training" game, I have no idea if I will win or lose...but I will say this- if Cindall continues to play like this she will have no problems going against the best of 'em!! Very Happy
-Until next time.

Good Lord I look old!!
...and yes I made "Bones" wear that hat!!
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

4/15/12 Session Empty Re: 4/15/12 Session

Post  Josh.0 April 16th 2012, 7:09 pm

Wow! LOL, Spectre and Cin's game sounds uber exciting! I can't wait to see or read this played out. I wish you both the best of luck but..
uh..
Spectre...
You're going You\'re Going Down

/cheer
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre April 16th 2012, 7:21 pm

Josh.0 wrote:Wow! LOL, Spectre and Cin's game sounds uber exciting! I can't wait to see or read this played out. I wish you both the best of luck but..
uh..
Spectre...
You're going You\'re Going Down

/cheer

Not BIASED at all are we???!!! FIRE! Big Laughs
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindall April 16th 2012, 11:32 pm

I enjoyed myself it was alot of fun! i cant wait until next time we play.
Cindall
Cindall
Private

Back to top Go down

4/15/12 Session Empty KingCrab vs. Soldier O Steel

Post  KingCrab April 18th 2012, 9:10 pm

Well me and SOS's battle right away got into melee combat which involved punches and kicks a plenty. my Hunchback and Hermes agianst a Cicada and Enforcer. Our battle right now is pretty even we are on SOS's home edge of the map. I wonder if he is going to concede and retreat. Hint Hint Wink Wink Nudge Nudge. The reason for all the melee battles seems to be the fact we can't hit anything with are ranged weapons so more melee for us then. Anyway good luck to the both of us on our rightous battle.

FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!
KingCrab
KingCrab
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh.0 April 25th 2012, 7:08 am

It sounds like everyone had a good time this session, that's Great! I will see you all at our next meet on the 29th of April. 'till then, Josh.0
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down