Ohio Volunteer Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/29/12 Session

2 posters

Go down

1/29/12 Session Empty 1/29/12 Session

Post  Josh.0 January 29th 2012, 8:38 pm

Minutes from Meeting

-Greg is hard at work on Super Dungeon Explorer Boards..see WiP Posts

-Joe has been helping with cutting foam for the SDE Boards

-Greg and Damian's War Game Table needs re-felted in the next month, any help with this would be greatly appreciated

-Camera donated by Greg for use by members for WiP pics, etc. Can be signed out at meetings and brought back next meet time or before.

-Forum Posting is encouraged, it can be about any aspect of modeling, mini's, WiP's, etc. Dont be afraid to Post.

-Ray has been listed as an Honorary Member for some time now, Greg nominated him as Full Member, Josh seconded. Motion Passed, Ray Voted in as Full Member.

-Club needs more Chairs, preferably folding. Ray said he could obtain up to 4 folding. Thank You Ray.

-Club needs more: Pencils, Pens, Binders, Paper, Greeblies, File Folders, Etc. Any and all donations of this type is greatly appreciated. See Damian about these items.

-Facebook page is going to be implemented soon, once appropriated there will be a post about it with link.

-Newsletter will be a Mini-Mag printed every 2 months. We will need Member submissions, these can be related to any Mini or Game Type, Model Building, Story, etc. Need these submissions in the next TWO WEEKS.

-The Club is an ALL Ages-All Skill Level Club. Submissions for the Newsletter and Forums are Encouraged by everyone, Need more posting from the Members.

-Member Hosting, if any Member wants to host a Session at there House bring it up at the Meet before and it will be scheduled.

Meeting Adjourned

My Two Cents: I had a great time again this Meet. I have heard of this "Ray" character for quite some time now and to be honest thought he was a fictional character from a book Greg had read at some point. He is a great guy and I was glad to finally get to meet him, although it did take over a year! This meet consisted of an opening game of Munchkin followed by a start of Descent, GM'd this time by Greg himself. We decided to shorten our game of Descent and continue next meet so we could discuss our route with BattleTech, Descent, SDE and D&D. It was discussed about picking up D&D this spring and everyone agreed. I will be heading up the GM Helm and I'm really looking forward to it. It has been quite some time since I last played. This will be played in Second Ed. Anyone interested in Classes that haven't done so already- contact me, PM is fine, to let me know what you are interested in playing. There is a comprehensive list here. Thanks guys for another awesome day, Had a lot of fun. Til then-Josh.0 (pics to follow)
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

http://www.ovgminigaming.webs.com

Back to top Go down

1/29/12 Session Empty and special thanks too.....

Post  Spectre January 30th 2012, 10:52 am

Great report! I would however like to mention something else that happened.....PIZZA!! Very Happy around 4:45 my Wife surprised everyone by bringing in three large pizzas and cheese-E bread!! I thought this was very thoughtful of her, and just wanted to give a shout out!! Cool THANKS BABE!! It was enjoyed by ALL!!

Smile Very Happy Cool What a Face cheers
Score one for the "Gaming WIDOWS!!" lol! (support group pending) lol!

OH, I almost forgot.... "Soldier of Steel" donated twenty+ D6's for anyone needing a set (or extras) for Battletech.
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

1/29/12 Session Empty ....not to beat a dead horse.

Post  Spectre January 30th 2012, 12:55 pm

Just a quick note about the "minutes" and to reinforce what Josh.0's report stated, submissions, submissions , submissions!! Due to an already high workload (for Me and Josh) I am absolutely BEGGIN' for submissions!!....and no I am not referring to the newsletter (although we need those too). I am asking for MORE Member content!! i.e. POSTS!! We are an ALL AGES, ALL SKILLS forum!! So lets get the lead out!!! I would like to see some other Members terrain/minis How-to's and WIPs. Dont be afraid to post because you are not a "pro" painter or a fantastic writer (I'm certainly not, but you still read my stuff!). Remember the key words= ALL AGES/ALL SKILLS!! Everyone benifits from being able to see and read other peoples work!! Dont make me name names! Laughing (cough) Damian (cough) Cindy (Hack) Joe (choke) Laughing I dont know about everyone elses opinion but for me I would like to see interesting articles, wips, paintjobs, of other Members work. Thats how we grow (as a group) and learn new and interesting approaches to terrain building/mini painting....and dont even think for a hot minute that an "old hand" like me wont hesitate to enjoy or learn something from all of you!! (or even steal an idea!) Very Happy So in closing I think I speak for "J" as well, Lets see some work....'cuase we are TIRED of only seeing ours!!! I look forward to "hearing" from you all!!

-Have a Great Day and lets make this THE Forum TOGETHER!!
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

1/29/12 Session Empty Re: 1/29/12 Session

Post  Josh.0 January 30th 2012, 7:18 pm

Oh My Gosh, I feel horrible! I have talked about her getting us the pizza to everyone in my house and SO meant to have that on here and totally forgot. I'm sorry C! And Thank You again, It was Awesome of you to do that for us! Very Happy
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

1/29/12 Session Empty ...WHAT!!!!!!!!!

Post  Spectre February 3rd 2012, 12:09 am

What?!!! still NO pics!! affraid Youre such a slacker!! Laughing and yes I jest....and no I will never call you Shirley again!!! Laughing

PewPew
ya gotta love smiley's with guns!! I think we need more!
Pew
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

1/29/12 Session Empty Where's Munchkin?

Post  Josh.0 February 12th 2012, 10:33 am

o.k, o.k Here's the long awaited photos. Sorry it took so long everyone and sorry I only took two. I spiced them up with a little game since there are so few Sad
1/29/12 Session Lastmeet

p.s. Everyone is listening so intently to Spectre 'cept .....Chewey! :P
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre February 18th 2012, 6:23 pm

...is the game spot the "Munchkin"?
Spectre
Spectre
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh.0 February 19th 2012, 9:13 am

Hey!!, That's no way to talk about Raydin. Oh....um, yeah that's the ticket...pretty hard eh? Did you find all 13? :twisted:
Josh.0
Josh.0
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down